Counting My Steps | Big F'ng Wins
As I think back on my time in NYC I'm choosing to look at my small steps as BIG fucking wins.
Allow me to explain.
Small steps, meaning the things I'd usually take for granted or wouldn't consider to think about. Let me walk you through this process:
- recovering quicker after a migraine ✔️
- eating when others aren't eating (cc: @natalianemchinov) ✔️
- walking my many favorites streets + miles of NYC and stopping to feed myself ✔️
- attending my best friends birthday dinner (even though I missed the big one because of my migraine) ✔️
- engaging socially out with friends without drinking ✔️
- staying up until midnight on a Saturday night without dying of sleep (it's not you, it's me - for real this time) ✔️
- sitting through multiple one-on-one conversations without getting dizzy or hazy ✔️
- wearing something that shows a body I'm not particularly pleased with at the moment (body dysmorphia is still strong) because this is ME right now and I like it (I think)✔️
- taking pictures with friends although (see above) ✔️
- laughing without getting a panic attack that my nervous system might be overwhelmed by an added emotional exertion ✔️
- landing back in Detroit without getting a migraine ✔️
- feeling like all of this is enough (major strides in the road of Recovery) even though some may think otherwise ✔️
I know some of this stuff seems trivial but it's what makes life worth living. Friends, Family, Relationships, Experiences, Travel, Laughter, and as my bff @larmi77 says, "it's called LIVING."
So this is me saying I'm proud of myself because: SMALL STEPS BIG FUCKING WINS 🙌🏼